AA2A Scheme open to new applicants
The Artists Access to Art Colleges scheme is accepting applications to over 50 colleges for October 2018 to April 2019. DASH is an AA2A Disability Champion.read more...
The AA2A project (Artists Access to Art Colleges) is offering over 50 placements, giving artists and designer-makers the opportunity to undertake a period of research or realise a project using art college facilities e.g. workshops, IT facilities, lending library, lecture programme. AA2A schemes aim to benefit students and institutions through their interaction with practising artists
- Access is free, for at least 100 hours, between Oct 2018 and April 2019
- AA2A's Support Fund, primarily for artists on low income provides expenses up to £350
- Closing dates for applications vary but all are in September 2018
- Artists on AA2A schemes run from 2016 to 2017 or before can now reapply
- All applicants must have at least one years professional practice
- Only MA /PhD students can apply in the same year they graduate
- Applicants should be able to work with minimal technical support
- Applicants will be asked to suggest ways that students can benefit from their presence
- AA2A particularly welcomes applications from artists with disabilities, from culturally diverse backgrounds and non-graduates
APPLICATION PACKS ONLY AVAILABLE DIRECT FROM THE HOST UNIVERSITY
For a full list of participating Universities please visit the AA2A website here.
The closing date for applications at most institutions is 21 September, but please check with each individual organisation.
AA2A works with 'Disability Champions' (Shape, DASH, the ArtHouse and Accentuate) to promote the project. If you have any difficulties during the application process which we cannot deal with, or need extra advice or support, you can contact the AA2A national team directly (email@example.com) or contact them through the 'Disability Champions' https://aa2a.org/resources/champions