Photoshop for Artists
This three session course aims to provide students with a basic introduction to using Adobe Photoshop (and some other software) to develop an understanding of how digital work could help to develop or enhance their own arts practice.read more...
We will be working in large groups occasionally but mostly you will be working on your own work or with a partner depending on how confident you feel and Phill will be available throughout to help you learn the skills you need for your creative work.
November 7th, 14th and 21st, between 10am and 4pm at the Hive in Shrewsbury.
At the end of the course you will have:
- At least one finished piece of your own artwork which will be ready to take to a printers.
- An understanding of how they achieved the artwork and information you can take away from the course for future reference.
This will include:
- Setting up a new document in Photoshop.
- Choosing the correct resolution for your finished piece.
- The difference between RGB and CMYK and why it matters to artists who want to display their work on screen or on paper.
- What all (well, some) of those tools do and how to make them do what YOU want.
- How not to be afraid of computers and how to use the internet to find out how to learn new skills.
Phill Evans is a Shrewsbury based freelance illustrator. He has over ten years experience using Adobe Photoshop to make images and artworks for books, posters, logos and many other types of project large and small. Photoshop is an unimaginably complex piece of software, he says he is an expert at the 5% he needs to know (and which will be useful to you), is conversant with another 5% he has learned along the way and there is another 90% which is a complete mystery to him... However, if you need to go into that 90% he will be happy to help to find the information you need!
The course is for artists to create unique illustrations, it may not suit those who want to use Photoshop to edit photographs.
This course is now fully booked - but for further information and to register your interest in future workshops, call or email Paula Dower at DASH on email@example.com or 01743 272939.