Call for Evaluator - DASH Curatorial CommissionsAll Projects
DASH Curatorial Commissions - Background
DASH has been working with galleries and arts centres in England and Wales since 2009 creating opportunities for Disabled artists to exhibit and curate. These opportunities have significantly advanced the careers of more than 15 Disabled artists, and have influenced and changed the thinking of a number of key people in these galleries. Have these programmes brought about long term change? DASH asserts that further deep rooted cultural changes must be made within the visual arts sector in order for it to become a more inclusive and accessible sector.
The Curatorial Commissions programme will be a part of bringing about this change of culture in the visual arts sector. To bring about change there needs to be Disabled people in positions of influence within the visual arts, as at present there are very few. The long-term aim of the project is to support the development of Disabled curators, so they can become the directors/curators/programmers of the future.
The programme will be linked with action research as part of DASH's Cultivation artist development programme investigating accessible processes for Learning Disabled artists and Neurodivergent artists.
DASH are looking for a freelance evaluation professional with:
- Knowledge and experience of arts evaluation design and delivery
- Experience in handling both quantitative and qualitative research
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a range of artists and stakeholders
- Commitment to ensuring that issues of diversity are identified and addressed in the evaluation process
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities
Please apply in writing with:
- A current CV
- A covering letter outlining your suitability for the role with reference to the evaluator specification, evaluation brief and the evaluation methodology you will use (1000 words max)
- Your evaluation timeframe
Deadline for applications:
5pm Friday 26th October
Please send your applications to email@example.com
Or by post to Paula Dower, Operations Director, DASH, 5 Belmont, Shrewsbury SY1 1TE
Please call Mike or Paula on 01743 272939 if you have any queries
Interviews will be held on
Thursday 15th November at MAC Birmingham